Wednesday, July 29, 2009

This wireless world

I've been somewhat slow in adopting today's primary form of wireless telecommunications - the cellular phone. I don't actually like phones. I found it irksome when my phone rings.

Depsite that, I now have two cell phones: my own, and a phone provided by my employer. Thankfully, both work much better than my previous phone - which either thanks to Telus, or the cell phone maker, would invariably drops calls in any interior location. (Yes - even in my modest little house!.)

My personal phone is a Nokia slider (5200?) with GSM technology on the FIDO network. The work model is a Samsung - hooked up to Bell's CDMA network. Both work great indoors, and as of yesterday, both are paired with by Blueant Supertooth3 car phone set. I can voice dial on either. The only thing that's a bit of a drawback is that only one can be active at the same time.

So I'm thinking, is it time to ditch the landline?

No comments: